Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,165   Online: 1043

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, I love his work, but this is the first time I've seen him in person, I didn't even know that he's a Brit.
    Ben

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markrewald View Post
    This question has been asked probably a thousand times, but how on earth does he get those tones in his prints? selective toning? I think the man is probably one of the most talented printers out there.
    I got fascinated with his prints, looking at them in the gallery he shows at here in Portland. I did a bunch of research trying to find out how he gets the subtle color shifts. I have found references that he made with his early work doing a light toning in both Sepia and Selenium.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    if your serious about finding out his technique in the darkroom you should read the interviews ( all of them ) on his website. for example, he says that he rarely deviates from tri-x in d76 1:1 11min. happy hunting!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'll be looking at this again . thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    found some of his photos online...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Had the wonderful opportunity to see a few of his prints at a gallery along side some Adams and Westons. Kenna's work definetly shows that you do not have to print large to make an impact. Even the size of the mat emphasises his approach to reduce the landscape to that one simple statement. If the video does not motivate a landscape photographer to go out on a miserable winter day I do not know what would.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by redrockcoulee View Post
    Had the wonderful opportunity to see a few of his prints at a gallery along side some Adams and Westons. Kenna's work definetly shows that you do not have to print large to make an impact. Even the size of the mat emphasises his approach to reduce the landscape to that one simple statement. If the video does not motivate a landscape photographer to go out on a miserable winter day I do not know what would.
    Just curious, how big were most of his prints?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What a great little video. I've been a fan for years. Nice to see him at work in the field. His prints are about 8"x8".
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice video! I've got to get me one of those cool umbrella holders!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes they are 8" by 8' prints matted to 16X20 if I remembeer correctly. It may have even been larger mat but definetly the mat was not square so if not 16X20 then 20X24 but think it was the former

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin