Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,674   Online: 897

Thread: Toshio Shibata

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    When I went back to Athens last weekend, I spent about six hours altogether in the library looking at photo books. Looked at some old favorites as well as some I hadn't looked at before for whatever reason. Among the ones that I apparently hadn't given enough attention to before was Toshio Shibata's Landscapes. I've always liked his work, but this book really reinforced my good opinion of it.

I never really hear much about him, though. I'm wondering how many Shibata fans there are out there. I love his way of looking at things, and his prints are absolutely gorgeous. It doesn't seem like he gets much attention in the US.

So...what do you think of his work?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am not a huge fan, but I will pass on a tip to you and the rest of APUG.

Nazraeli Press is releasing a book by him called Type 55. It includes a tiny hand made print. The cost is $35. Better order one now.
    Call Nazraeli Press or Photo-Eye.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm all over that like a cheap suit.

[my order is in!]

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin