Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,058   Posts: 1,561,571   Online: 680

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rene Staud: Automotive Perfection

hey all,

came across this guy a few months back, and was awed by his work. He shoots ONLY cars, and fine ones at that! its an analog video, and these videos I would assume are somewhat older, being that some more recent footage of him at work shows him a bit more portly .

but no matter, his work is brilliant, and this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvnoifwKm_E

shows a small clip of the process of shooting trucks in a commercial studio setting, even though he isn't the one doing the shooting, most likely an assistant. Its in GERMAN, but the footage speaks for itself, and seeing those gigantic light tables makes me drooooooooooooool!!!!!

there are some others that he has loaded up too, with some footage from an Iceland trip he shot for Bridgestone. shows dig!+@l equipment, but great photographs!

enjoy, and report back if you want to comment.

just wanted to share.

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might find the work of Mats Cordt of interest. He is a Hamburg based commercial photographer. Check out his "making of" section, and you will find a video showing the Audi TTR shoot. Of interest to me was the number of 4x5 film holders in cases, as his use of cropping "L" for framing and composition. He seems to work more like someone who would paint or draw a composition. Camera appear to be a newer Linhof:

http://www.matscordt.com/#/making-of...gends-audi-ttr

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks Gordon,

waiting for the video to load as I write this ! I just wish I could have been around 15 years earlier than when I first got started in photography, so I could assist some people with shooting film! LF sure has a way of attracting people, people like me .

cheers!

happy new year btw!

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    camera looks like a Master Technika. I'm saving for one right now, seems to me(after using one once), to be the best field 4x5 out there! Built like a tank, with a price to boot .

so, a used one is where I'm looking.

looks like a sinar p2 in there when they're unpacking the grip truck too.

insert *ddddddrrrrrrrrrrooooooooollllllllllllllllll...... ....... here *

-Dan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin