Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,412   Online: 761

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, thanks everyone... I had no idea jpgmag was interested until Thomas forwarded an email stating I was selected yesterday. www.jpgmag.com is kind of like Flickr in many regards and while it does seem to cater more to the digital crowd, there are a few diehards submitting analog images. Since jpg changed hands last year, the site is much better run, and is less like a popularity contest than it used to be. Basically, you can upload, look at submitted images and can comment vote, and give props. The more you get, you can end up being published in the jpg magazine. JPG is also good for folks that like film, but scan, PS, and output digitally, which is verboten here. That was the reason I joined it initially.

Again, thanks for taking the time to comment, it was unexpected and I humbly appreciate the support.

A.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    congratulations andrew!
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    WooHoo! Way to go Andrew, very cool.
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, good job Andrew. A comment: it's interesting how different your images look on jpgmag vs. those you've posted here in your gallery. I was just looking at one of the snow/fence photos when this thread caught my eye and bang! it was the first image on the jpgmag site. I'm sure they both look pretty different from the prints. Any comments?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Boom!! Congrats Andy.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jglass, I submit neg scans with tones applied a lot on JPG while mainly print scans here. The textured paper I use for prints lowers overall contrast on the scans so that is why they look a little different. For neg scans I use a PS layer that was built around the image tones I get with the toners in real prints. I apply that layer to each scan to get a feel for what the real print will look like. Print scans are always tough to match for me.

Thanks K!!!
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andrew, your posted photos are always something I look forward to. Your work is consistently top shelf. Congrats. You deserve it.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats Andy!

CGross
    Yeah Andrew!!! Congrats!

Gim

Congrats again. And as a lot of people know, you are a class act too.

Best,
    Jim

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin