Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,418   Posts: 1,596,691   Online: 934

Shooter
    Medium Format

A delightful New Years Resolution

My fav photographer, Cole Thompson, has listed his New Years Resolutions on his blog. I'm posting here because I feel strongly that you very well may enjoy not only his resolutions but the amazing work of this fine artist.

Please read it here: http://www.photographyblackwhite.com/years-resolutions/

Best.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That was great, thanks for posting it!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Excellent. Thank you.

Shooter
    35mm
    Wow. I'm reminded of the great Stuart Smalley reading that...
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't agree with "I will avoid studying the work of others." I think it's largely by seeing photography that I like and photography that I don't like that I have figured out where my own aesthetic values lie.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent link and very good thinking. Thanks for sharing.
    I agree with Chazzy on studying the work of others. Personally I would make a point in studying other photographers work especially the ones who resonate with my esthetic values. By that I don't mean imitate or copy.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I understand why he said "I will avoid studying the work of others." This is a guy who sees something he likes by someone else and wants to run out and do the same thing right away. For him, it seems to be a good idea.

Personally, I look at a lot of others' work because it gives me a good idea of what I like and don't like. Sometimes there is no link between what I like and what I do--for instance, I love looking at pictures of people but I do not do portraits myself (except of my children on occasion).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin