Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,925   Posts: 1,556,801   Online: 981

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Its occurred to me just now that pictorialism and obscurantism(in pyjamas) are close cousins
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You guys are giving me a headache.
    Excellent work, Nick

Steve

Shooter
    35mm

Platinum prints vs emulation

Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    Eh, Nick. Your remarks about Salto just made me curious because I hadn't ever heard of them before. Trying to look it up on the internet, turned up not a lot to say the least. They don't seem to have a website (anymore?), and I could only find a reference to their former location being sold in 2006:

So, are they still alive and where to contact them?

Marco
    To the best of my knowledge Salto Drukkereij was using offset printing to emulate platinum prints. To enhance the tonal range of bw/ sepia images, printers often use additional colours to enhance contrast and tonal range. If done properly, offset can deliver results that can look even more spectacular than continuous tone images. This is why many mistake such output for large format platinum prints.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    this is an old thread
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin