Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,548   Online: 1091

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

EW & BW article

I would really like to see the article too.

Tim R
    Tim N. Roscoe

Celebrating
    Canadian Landscape

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    There's not much printed on Brett. It might make sense to post the article as an attachment so we can download it from APUG. Unless, of course, there would be some copyright issues.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    The recent Brett Weston exhibit in New Hampshire...worth more than a few thousand words...!

John

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skillian View Post
    That may be true, but Picture-making is light years more important to me than printmaking. The quality of Brett's prints varied wildly over his career - when he started using the smaller camera in the 60's, print quality naturally suffered, but his vision always evolved over the 50+ years he photographed. He was simply a visual tour deforce.
    No argument there. My favorite image from the White Sands portfolio was made with the Rolleiflex. In reproduction I definitely can't tell the difference, and probably can't tell the difference with actual prints. I suspect that the recent BW show I saw at the Phillips Collection contained some enlargements.
    Last edited by c6h6o3; 01-22-2010 at 09:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    I would really like to see the article too.

Tim R
    Tim, sending you PM now.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Large Format
    I would love a copy of this article as well. If you don't mind, please send it to me. Thanks in advance for your kindness.

Best Regards
    George Pappas

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If available, if an email list is being put together, I too would appreciate the opportunity to read this article. I'm pretty sure this magazine is not available here in Saudi Arabia!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    HOLY MACKERAL !
    I am very grateful to Ken for sending this article to me. Not only is this a revealing and interesting look at two photographers that most of us are at least familiar with, it serves as a really valuable lesson in the whole business of "seeing" as a photographer in general.
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by Timothy; 01-22-2010 at 11:18 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Tim N. Roscoe

Celebrating
    Canadian Landscape

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm not sure if this works from any IP.

http://www.jstor.org/stable/775689?cookieSet=1

There is a PDF link on the upper right.

I see now that I was able to access the article and download since I am at a university where the library has arranged for access. So, if any of you are in a similar position or can VPN into a university you may be able to use the link.
    Last edited by henrysamson; 01-22-2010 at 04:50 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: update

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lipka View Post
    It might make sense to post the article as an attachment so we can download it from APUG. Unless, of course, there would be some copyright issues.
    Yes, this is a copyrighted article and not available for free distribution.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin