Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,665   Posts: 1,481,689   Online: 730

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Your favorite APUG photographer.

Hello!

It's my first visit in years and noticed many of the users of this forum in 2006 are still around! There where some great photographers amongst them, some with very nice websites, and probably many more found the site.

So I amcurious who is your favorite photographer on APUG? And I don't mean yourself, that is too obvious

I am going to look for my favs of the past, remember the pictures not the names...

Cheers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There is so much on a daily basis to be amazed at. Not only from the masters, but from those who are simply trying, like myself. I've experienced laughter, anger, awe, and I've wept. And sometimes I've gone catatonic and spent days pulling myself together. I think it is a little preposterous for someone at my level to point out a true genius here, nor do I expect anyone would care, so I'll just say simply

I Love You All
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    35mm
    The work I've seen posted here ranges from very, very good to simply sublime. It would be hard to pick a favorite.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Are you asking for suggestions of work we enjoy? I don't like the "favorites" game, but I'm happy to point out interesting work.

- CJ

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Many.
    Hard to point to favorites when there is such a variety of styles, approaches and subjects.
    Sometimes, it might only be one single photograph that will embed itself on my mind for ever.

I am not sure of the purpose of this thread. I understand it is quite innocent and of good intentions, but it can prove to be troublesome when playing favorites and making it a popularity contest.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually one of the things that has surprised me about this site, and maybe I'm using it wrong, is the de-emphasis on the final product of all of the talking that we do around here. When I first signed up, I was expecting to see more photos posted in threads to augment the discussion that was going on.

So really I've seen very little in the way of examples of the work of other members.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by viridari View Post
    Actually one of the things that has surprised me about this site, and maybe I'm using it wrong, is the de-emphasis on the final product of all of the talking that we do around here. When I first signed up, I was expecting to see more photos posted in threads to augment the discussion that was going on.

So really I've seen very little in the way of examples of the work of other members.
    Join one of the print exchanges to see the real deal!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think that my own personal taste in photography needs to be taken seriously by anyone else, unless he is trying to sell me a print. I could never pick a favorite APUG photographer anyway. Different photographers work in different styles and are good at different things.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What David said
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Well, good thing this thread aint over at RFF!
    I have spent some time in the galleries here, and there is so much to get through. Saw a donkey last night, liked that one a lot,but i`m not gonna put arigrams name in- oh shit.
    Nothing wrong with `favourites', we all have them in so many areas of our lives so it is a bit disingenuous not to approve here.
    My favourites are amoung the print scans,which take a lot of time to find, so i would appreciate any help to make it easier.
    so far, andrew moxon and alberto m, yep, only managed to get through the A`s so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin