Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,217   Online: 1043

Shooter
    Multi Format

Portraits under the influence of drugs - made by who?

Hi,

My partner has to give a lecture about risks of drug abuse for her internship in a high-school and she needed some images for her introduction.

I remember that a few years back there was a photographer who made portraits of regular people who all had taken different kinds of drugs.
    Does anyond know his or her name?

Thanks,

Stefan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no recollection of who that might be. I saw an exhibition of similar content in 1970, when I was at college, a photographer followed several heroin users around and documented their goings on(shooting-up, and other decrepit things). Couldn't you supply said images for the friend? Take camera in hand, and follow some folks(of known repute) and document their slide into the pit of abysmal dispair. Currant photos by a peer would have more impact on lives than images from someone they dont know IMHO.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, she needs to give the presentation on thursday already, so I won't have the time to go out and shoot images myself. The images would just serve as a background projection during her introduction. On first sight they look like normal portraits but you immediately get the feeling there's something not right in their expressions. That's why I suggested to use them. To bad I can't google them up right now.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No Clayne, we found those too. The ones I search for the introduction look very innocent and the ones you mention woould be used for the conclusion to illustrate the downside of it all.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Larry Clark would be fun. Could be viewed as either romantic or filthy depending on one's perspective

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmal View Post
    Larry Clark would be fun. Could be viewed as either romantic or filthy depending on one's perspective
    Yes, check out Larry Clark's work: Tulsa. Yesterday, I saw some prints on exhibit at the Whitney Museum in NYC.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Possibly Nan Goldin?
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stefan, see my 2nd PM.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    If those portraits (mug shots?) don't scare the sh** out of someone they are past hope...

Ash

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin