Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,923   Posts: 1,584,994   Online: 1103

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It's easy to see that the some of the prints have been worked pretty hard under the exposure lamp. I wouldn't hold that against him as most people would never notice. Especially those who would tend to buy the work. It's easy to nit pick work and usually comes from those who would never buy a print.

He has a good eye and is getting a pretty good result for what he is trying to do with the work.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    He says that he doesn't do digital manipulation. He could be lying, or he could be telling the truth.
    He says he doesn't composite digitally. I take that to mean he doesn't combine multiple images. That doesn't mean he doesn't control negative density digitally. Frankly, if you're going to the bother of making digitally enlarged negatives, you'd be a fool not to. Even Pt/Pd has limits as to the tonal range it will represent, so why not tailor your images to fit if you can?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall View Post
    It's easy to see that the some of the prints have been worked pretty hard under the exposure lamp. I wouldn't hold that against him as most people would never notice. Especially those who would tend to buy the work. It's easy to nit pick work and usually comes from those who would never buy a print.

He has a good eye and is getting a pretty good result for what he is trying to do with the work.
    I agree Robert....interesting images.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin