Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,882   Posts: 1,520,512   Online: 809

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format

Please review this website

My website is finally just about finished, with a few enhancements left. I'd greatly appreciate any feedback and suggestions you would be kind enough to give.

http://www.stevennestler.com

Thanks, Steven Nestler

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think the site looks good and works well. You have included enough information to make sense but not too much as I've seen on other sites. Just one suggestion. When enlarging photos in your gallery you have to go back to get to the next photo. If possible if the viewer could go from one enlarged photo to another it would enhance the presentation.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Nice site Steven and great photographs. There is a compelling consistency in all your images.

Most impressive however is that your image titled "Stonington Harbor at Sunrise, 1973" is taken from my in-laws' back yard! (Images of Maine, page 3.) They have now retired in the house pictured in the lower right (foreground). The garage at the bottom of the hill has been rebuilt, a larger porch extends around the house and the driveway is now to the top of the hill. At the time you took the picture I believe the house belonged to my wife's grandmother who passed away last fall. My family will love to see your portfolio, especially this image.

Maine is a beautiful place to photograph landscapes and people. Maybe some summer I will sponsor an APUG member workshop in and around Stonington... We go every year so if anyone else is interested we can put something together.

Kind Regards,
    Gregg Brekke

Images
    Just a couple quick design nitpicks. The universal standard for placement of the "home" button is top left. I would leave off the buttons / links to the pages that don't work. the "coming soon" type pages take away from the professionalism you are going after. And finally, I personally don't care for the color choice for the buttons. My eye is drawn directly to them, and away from your wonderful photos. Hope this helps.

Brian
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    And finally, I personally don't care for the color choice for the buttons. My eye is drawn directly to them, and away from your wonderful photos. Brian
    I have to agree with Brian on this one. Although a nice color it seems to overpower you images.

Beautiful work by the way..........

Jim

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Very nice images. I think on the opening page the title and picture should fit on the screen without scolling - maybe leave out the Welcome to line?

Also, I'm on a modem and the pages are kind of slow to load. I think your jpg's could be compressed more without any visual difference. Also, the black line around the "mat board" may not be necessary. Hope this helps.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Images
    Also, you might want to hide your images directory contents by putting an empty index file in that directory.
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Brian,
    Thank you for all the time you took to comment. I'm looking carefully at your suggestions.
    I especially like the idea of empty index files in the directory, but don't know how to do that. Please advise.
    Steven Nestler

Shooter
    Large Format
    Gregg,
    Thank you for that wonderful post.
    Please check the site sometime soon. I have many images of Stonington that I'm planning on printing and posting.
    Steven Nestler

Shooter
    Large Format
    Gerald,
    Thank you. I'll consider your suggestion on my next design update.
    Steven

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin