Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,654   Online: 721

Thread: Jim Marshall

Shooter
    Multi Format

Jim Marshall

I just notice that Jim Marshall has passed away. He has taking pictures of Jimi Hendrix and others. RIP Jim.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Last time I was in Samy's on Fairfax they had a lot of his shots hanging. I don't know if they're still up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I just notice that Jim Marshall has passed away. He has taking pictures of Jimi Hendrix and others. RIP Jim.

Jeff
    Sad...

I recall vaguely doing something in San Francisco, perhaps at the Filmore West? not sure now, perhaps it was for David Rubinson or the Automat it is all pretty fuzzy now, but it seems he was there while I was shooting Randy Hansen... anyway, I have a vague memory of having actually exchanged a few words. Not really sure... everything was happening so fast that night.

Anyway, Thanks Jeff.

RIP Jim.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Jim was a larger than life character. Underneath a sometimes gruff exterior he was a really sweet man.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh man.... Sad news. A very big influence on my rock and roll days of shooting. The great one.... and a great guy to boot.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100325/...t_jim_marshall

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    Oh man.... Sad news. A very big influence on my rock and roll days of shooting. The great one.... and a great guy to boot.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100325/...t_jim_marshall
    Thanks for that link!

He was leaning sort of like that, looking very intimidating...asking me who I was... and what I was doing there (in his territory) a few minutes before shooting started.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin