Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,110   Online: 930

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What's he shooting with?

I found a great video series on street photographer Jeff Mermelstein:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuXcm35m50Y

I'm curious if anyone knows or can tell what he's shooting with. There's a close up shot of his camera about 1:38 into the (part 1) video.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    At 3:40, another closeup - Looks like a Lecia.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Brian,

Looks like a black body M series with may be a 75mm/90mm on it. Just my guess.

Jan Pietrzak

Images
    Looks like a Lecia to me as well. Set the lens at say f/8 and the focus at say 4 or 5 feet depending on film and what he has in mind. Notice on the still shots of things like reflections he adjusts the focus by moving the camera closer or further away and with the people walking by he waits till the distance is correct. Not my style but it works for him. I feel this is at least for me an intrusive type of photography. At events like parades or rallys I always ask if I can photograph someone and to this date no one has said no.
    JOHN

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like a Lecia to me.

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    I looked again, slanted rewind=new camera, Leica on the front=M6, lens not to long 75mm. A good street combo.

Jan Pietrzak

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Leica M series camera. Early on he is using a 35 mm lens from judging from the cutout lenshood. His bag probably has a variety of lenses.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    35mm
    When seeing a man who is shooting people on the streets (live, or on a video like this one), on and on and on, it might look even stupid and also ruining something personal, and we might as ourselfs: what with shooting faces of people on the streets, why and what with that? (I do ask that myself)

And after, when we see the actual photographs, maybe a small amount of pictures from the entire shooting, but there is this ODD situations in the everyday common people's lives which looks amazing.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I figured it must be a Leica. 75mm -- that kind of surprises me. Not what I would pick for the street. I find normal (50mm) too confining.

Thanks everyone for taking a look.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin