Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,056   Online: 913

Images

Who was it - minox landscape

Someone posted a couple landscapes made with a Minox. Simple composition, and it seems the film was 3200 but I'm not sure about that. I thought it was beautiful, and suggested a friend take a look. He was not a subscriber at the time, but is now. But now I can't find the pictures.

Who is that photographer?

Thanks!

Janet

Images
    Found it! It's ishutteratthethought 's photo, "in the wood". Beautiful image!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Farber used a Minox for some of his landscapes and nudes.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes that was shot in West Central Minnesota in December 2009. The 3200 really show's the grain & when lithed....BOOM. I just received a roll of Kodak 2484 which I will expose at 3200. Not sure if the image will be distinguishable as I understand this is a very high grain film. The 1950 Minox's shutter exploded so I have it in the shop right now and hope to see soon.
    The folks at Goathill have quite a selection they can slit & roll for you. Some films on ice you can no longer get. - http://www.subclub.org/sponsors/goathil2.htm
    Thanks!
    Steve

Images
    Thanks for the reply, Steve, and for the info. I have a friend who always carries his Minox. I was glad he joined here so I could show him your image. I'll pass this on to him. He cuts his own film. He might be happy to hear this.

By the way, I've never heard of Kodak 2484.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak 2484 pan film was a low light extremely high grain film that was used in surveillance cameras at one time during the 1970's. Goathill has a lot of these old films in the freezer so it's kinda fun to try a different one once in a while. When I shoot the Minox, there are a lot of unknowns since I am guessing on the exposure most of the time (no light meter on the camera) and the size of the negative lends itself to interesting images.

Kodak suggests 2484 be exposed at 3200 and developed in D-76 for 15 minutes at 68 degrees. That should give it pretty good/high contrast. Much depends on what type of contrast you like. You can go for lower contrast and shoot it at 800 and develop for 30 minutes. You can also develop in D-19 for shorter times and/or more contrast.

Thanks again!
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Steve, I just had a look-great stuff! I think the "North Mpls Building" is my favorite.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin