Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,950   Online: 1002

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Charis Wilson documentary on Ovation network

An interesting-looking documentary on Charis Wilson, titled "The Eloquent Nude" will be broadcast by the Ovation network's "American Revolutionaries" series on Tuesday, 13 April at 11 PM.

I recently stumbled onto Ovation network, and really enjoy many of the shows they air. Last night I caught a series called "Scenic Routes." In one segment the host traveled to Carmel and Point Lobos, interviewing Kim Weston and touring Edward's darkroom.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a very nice film, and filled the house when we showed it for Vermont Center for Photography a couple of years ago.
    I highly recommend it.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Is there anyway to see these online?
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "The Eloquent Nude" is fantastic and available for sale HERE. Even better than the feature itself is the "making of" film included on the DVD.

I wouldn't call it a Charis Wilson Documentary so much as a documentary about the relationship and resulting work produced by Edward and Charis.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Shawn. I have (and love) "The Eloquent Nude", I actually have 2 copies.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aside from buying - the link I provided will take you to several different 2 - 5 minute clips from the feature. HERE is a direct link to that page.
    Last edited by Shawn Dougherty; 04-12-2010 at 11:56 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin