Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,281   Online: 835

Shooter
    Multi Format

Albert Kahn Series Ovation TV

This has been airing in the Chicago area...well worth watching...look for it

"The acclaimed BBC documentary series The Wonderful World of Albert Kahn reaches U.S. television audiences for the first time on Ovation. This extraordinary, nine-part series explores the most important collection of early color photographs. In the early 1900s, French industrialist and financier Albert Kahn embarked on an ambitious project to create a color photographic record of, and for, the people of the world. Kahn believed that he could use the new Autochrome process–the world’s first practical system of taking color photographs– to promote cross-cultural understanding. Kahn’s vast and legendary collection of Autochromes remained relatively unheard of until a century after he launched his project."

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For those from the Chicago area who might come to Paris...

http://www.albertkahn.co.uk/museum.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I saw the whole series on B.B.C4 and it's really worth watching, there are such beautiful and interesting colour photographs in it.
    Ben

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The book from 1979 presenting a glimpse at that collection is intriguing too.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have caught bits of this series and enjoyed it. Ovation is also running a documentary on Shelby Lee Adams on Friday evening that I am looking forward to. I am so glad that I cut the cable and got Direct TV and found the Ovation channel.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I look forward to seeing the book.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I've been to the museum in Paris, and the associated gardens. A very nice way to spend an afternoon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks! I missed the beginning of this series, but Ovation is running all 9 episodes back to back Saturday starting at 11 am CDT. DVR is set!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ovation has a lot of photography items this weekend (on the local cable source around San Francisco). The Eloquent Nude should be showing on Saturday night (PST).
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just saw the new book, the BBC edition, over here at the surplus at half the prize. Couldn't find a decent copy though.
    Anyway, I find that first book more charming.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin