Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,995   Online: 669

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

photographers using panoramic format

Hello everybody, I´m finding another photographers, who used panoramic format in their work - I know Josef Sudek and his Panoramic Prague, Josef Koudelka and his Black triangle, Ivan Lutterrer or Jiri Toman (all are from Czech).

Could you name the others or the interesting web sites?

But i don´t care about typical landscape photographers who takes "nice" color pictures of exotic beauty landscape without personal point of view. But I prefer "bw" photographers with more subjective works.

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The American Lee Friedlander has a relatively recent series on Frederick Law Olmstead parks. Some of those shots were taken with a panoramic camera. Though Friedlander held the camera vertically. I saw the show at his San Francisco dealer's a few years ago. I personally didn't think the panoramic shots were the strongest images on display, but you might like looking at them.

Here's a link to one: http://www.metmuseum.org/special/lee...w_1.asp?item=2

I also have seen panoramic photos by Sylvia Plachy, among her other work.

-Laura

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Jens Olof Lasthein might interest you. Much of his work is made on a Widelux. He recently won the Leica Barnack price for his portfolio "Waiting for the future". Also look at "White see black see" It is color photographies with lots people and situations.

www.lasthein.se

Shooter
    Multi Format

Here's A Couple of Links

"What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/0...hellish-world/

I've used the Widelux too for a B&W exhibition on China...it's a pretty amazing camera. Probably common knowledge but actor Jeff Bridges does some pretty neat stuff with a Widelux also.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Many of us use panoramic formats, I've done so for about 3 years I just wish i'd started earlier, one or two imges in my gallery.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jeff Bridges

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/0...hellish-world/

I've used the Widelux too for a B&W exhibition on China...it's a pretty amazing camera. Probably common knowledge but actor Jeff Bridges does some pretty neat stuff with a Widelux also.
    Lovely photos! Congratulations for being mentioned at NYT!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Petersson View Post
    Jens Olof Lasthein might interest you. Much of his work is made on a Widelux. He recently won the Leica Barnack price for his portfolio "Waiting for the future". Also look at "White see black see" It is color photographies with lots people and situations.

www.lasthein.se
    yes, the work of that man is exactly what i like!
    I´m interested in new angles of view, composition and playing with perspective... I think, that the panoramic format offers a lot of possibilities, but most authors use it only in its the most simple way - like horizontal picture of landscape. However such "live" panoramic document or street photo becomes more dynamic at once.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Geir Jordahl (using IR B&W film) http://www.jordahlphoto.com/framegallg.html

And a link to his last book (very very well done!) http://www.searchingfortruenorth.com/ But all the panoramics in this book are verticals!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin