Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,503   Posts: 1,597,889   Online: 1099

Shooter
    35mm

Edward Weston Color Work

My wife recently gave me a book I had never seen: Edward Weston: Color Photography. I was not aware that he worked in color at all, but near the end of his career he did work with 8x10 Kodachrome, apparently for a Kodak ad campaign. The prints were made much later on Cibachrome, with printing supervised by Cole Weston. It's a pretty remarkable set of photographs.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw a comment by Edward's son Cole Weston that Kodak had given Edward quite a bit of color film near the end of his shooting career, but Edward's health declined before he could make much more than experiments with it. He said that Edward and Brett were the famous B&W photographers, so that left color photography for him.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin