Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,121   Online: 1117

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    You know what makes darkroom work a blast - when you have the confidence to know that the negative will come out as you visualised and executed it - when you have a beautiful negative in hand and know that the print will make it all seem worthwhile. All procedures of course accompanied by a bottle of wine (red preferred, white if that is all I got). Heck, anything with wine is good!
    Francesco

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well, standing over a sink shaking the can is drudgery, but listening to the news on the radio while standing over a sink shaking the can is better exercise than listening to the news on the radio and lounging on the couch.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell
    I stand by my thesis.
    SO why are you registered and participating on a site that deals almost entirely with what you call drudgery, and shuns quite loudly what you consider to be fullfilling? It does not make sense.

By the way Drudgery is sitting in front of a computer working on a photograph, that would look better if it had been done through an archaic process.

Photo.net seems to have a lot of people who feel and think the way you do.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    "I stand by my thesis."

Why are you here?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is not a thesis a long laboroius discourse that has taken months if not years of research and refining? You made a bland statement not a thesis that would have been a scholarly work. YOU may not like darkroom work. It is a falacy to lump everyone else into your same mode. You have a mind set that is impenetrable and archaic in reverse. A closed mind is a waste. No amount of talking/posting by us would ever penetrate the barrier you have put up. As they say, "If you don't like the kitchen, get out!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I stand by my thesis.
    Trust me, that ain't no thesis.

Images
    Your ignorance is exceeded only by your arrogance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill, not sure how you expected folks to react to your comments. Consider that this IS an Analog Photography User Group site...if you are not inclined to enjoy Analog photography that is fine, just don't expect everyone to embrace your attitude. No reason to get into a flame war here.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Pot: BLACK
    Kettle: BLACK

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Obviously some great music makes the time go faster when doing film. How about some Manhein Steamroller, Fresh Air 1 thru 5, or even some Gaelic Storm. Dancing a jig while while trying to time 15 sec agitation intervals with PMK is a pretty good cardio workout.
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin