Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,936   Posts: 1,585,632   Online: 748

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Images
    Sorry. It should have read: AGGIE, your ignorance is exceeded only by your arrogance. Suggest that you look up THESIS in a dictonary before you post such nonsense.

Images
    Bad day Bill?

DO you honestly believe that sitting in front of a computer monitor is more fullfilling than working in the darkroom, or were you being sarcastic?

If you were not being sarcastic then can you please explain the reasons behind your belief? I personally do not understand the draw myself. Then again I love the traditional process from beginning to end.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    well... obviously the darkroom experience isn't everyone's cup of tea. I'm inclined to think that folks shouldn't be compelled to engage in any activity that they need anesthesia or supplementary stimulation to get through. If there's a nasty boil on the face of net culture, it's the inclination to represent one's own perspective as objective truth for all.

If this piss, bitch and moan fest continues in this thread, I hope Sean locks the thread or moves the crabby stuff off to some rhetorical getto where the whining won't show up on the new message search.

Maybe it's getting to be about time for Sean to focus on the larger, more enjoyable issues and farm out the hall monitoring to a rotating group of two or three babysitters.

-KwM-

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell
    Sorry. It should have read: AGGIE, your ignorance is exceeded only by your arrogance. Suggest that you look up THESIS in a dictonary before you post such nonsense.
    OK ... I am going to agree with Aggie - FULL BORE. There is an old Chinese proverb: "Watch closely he who screams loudest."

Aggie voiced an opinion. Disagree if you will - that is the raison d'etre for opinions ... but the "ad hominem" attack is, to me out of bounds.

If Aggie is arrogant and ignorant ... include me under that banner. It is a good place to be.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RAP
    Obviously some great music makes the time go faster when doing film. How about some Manhein Steamroller, Fresh Air 1 thru 5, or even some Gaelic Storm. Dancing a jig while while trying to time 15 sec agitation intervals with PMK is a pretty good cardio workout.
    ROFL, LOL Rap, love the idea. I can just picture it. How about Riverdance? Too much agitation?

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    No, my darkroom sink is only 12" deep. Not even enough room for my surfboard.
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Direct from Mirriam Webster:

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionar...esis&x=11&y=12

When you make the STATEMENTS you did in a thread about Bruce Barnbaum, you will receive responses back from those of us who know him personally, and have taken his classes. Your small sampling of your peer group is not to lable EVERYONE the same. It also pointed that Bruce did not enjoy said activites.

As to the contention of a thesis, it was not a thesis by any means. You have a start of a theory not fully realized. From that point you would research and study until you have your data. Then upon further refinement, you would writie about said findings fully documented and supported with research data. This would give you a thesis. Postulation of an unfounded thought does not make it a thesis.

You have not once posted a picture in the galleries here. Many beginners have found it helpful for them to learn and grow. If what you have is not analog, there are many websties that cater to just digital work flows.

As to the personal attacks against just me when others also said it was not a thesis, try again. Then again to save this website another flame war, learn of what you say first. You do not know me personally. You do know know my background. You do know know my work habits. You very good at avoiding facts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some very upbeat folks just don't know their arsis from their thesis.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Welcome to the board Dick.

And welcome to my ignore list.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hook, line AND sinker....

Lee made the comment about posting this article into a digi forum and watching the screaming rants....

Bill has done the same.

untwist those undies people... it's the internet.

D.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin