Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,957   Online: 760

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Large Format

Post-Visualization

Jerry Uelsmann uses the term "post-visualization" to describe his darkroom efforts. Once one realizes that it is actually part of the photographic creative process, then your darkroom efforts may seem less of drudgery & more a necessary & fulfilling part of the entire creative process. A certain level of drudgery is part of all creative art forms including digi. I have spent hours on one digi image hiding scratches, etc. (results from being a sloppy photographer which digi encourages), removing scanning artifacts, cloning out unwanted aspects of image ( jet trails, telephone lines, signs, blemishes), creating masks to adjust tonal ranges in certain areas. Its the type of drudgery only perfectionists & graphic artists could enjoy. I've switched to the darkroom & prefer my current hand-crafted, less-than-perfect traditional prints to the digi output.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell
    I stand by my thesis.
    I think there is quite a bit of confusion here, caused by the definition of one word.
    I think you mean "THEORY", not "THESIS". Close, but there is a considerable difference.
    Further, I would suggest that you mean "Opinion".

I know this is late, but I had trouble finding my crystal ball polish.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach
    I know this is late, but I had trouble finding my crystal ball polish.

Images
    No, I meant THESIS and chose the word carefully and explicitly. It is a very standard use of the word as in "Martin Luther's 95 THESIS (pl. thesises) nailed to the church door."
    Before this thread, I had forgotten how many people use the darkroom as an excuse to get away from their significant others. There must be a lot of 'em.

Shooter
    Large Format
    So sitting for hours in front of a computer is interacting with your significant other. Do you send her email or IM?
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell
    No, I meant THESIS and chose the word carefully and explicitly. It is a very standard use of the word as in "Martin Luther's 95 THESIS (pl. thesises) nailed to the church door."
    Before this thread, I had forgotten how many people use the darkroom as an excuse to get away from their significant others. There must be a lot of 'em.
    So much for a "good guy" effort - trying to pour oil on troubled waters.

My Funk and Wagnalls (no kidding! - Standard College Dictionary) defines "thesis" as "A proposition advanced and defended by argument."
    Possibly you should attempt to support your proposition with a rational argument ... if you have one.

By the way, the plural is "Theses".
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Images
    You're right, Ed. I stand corrected. Thank you.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin