Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,210   Online: 1048

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David:

If you fixed each and every error of spelling, grammar or diction in the APUG thread titles, and posted each time, you could easily keep ahead of PE in the thread count derby .

Please feel free to start with mine.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

tac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good questions, Juan; that is the sort of thing that needs examining.

I would love to have winger look at the plates! She can tell us what is feasible and what is not, I wager.

apeter Thank you for the response. As a pro photographer and a lawyer, I am really interested in this situation!
    Last edited by tac; 07-18-2010 at 12:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.

tac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    juan:

I doubt that anyone would be able to prove any of my negatives are mine.
    I promise you Mr King, I could get a whole trainload of "world renowned experts" to swear under oath that you did in fact make these negatives. And another trainload to swear that you didn't!

Shooter
    35mm
    Interesting comment about the fact that the two identical images do not prove that the photos were taken by the same person...you will be interested to hear what our expert Patrick Alt has to say about this issue. See attached link re our press release...the final report will be available after the news conference next Tuesday.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Expert...web4279364.htm

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tale of Ansel Adams Negatives Grows Hazy
    I don't agree. This tale has been hazy for 10 years and is only getting worse.

Now, from Uncle Earl's standpoint, things have been clearing up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does anyone know how Adams disposed of his 2nd rates?

Sometimes, photographers trash them, and they are not always properly destroyed...

Did he do his own trashing or was this left to others?

Just curious....

Or... he had no throw aways?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

JJB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So whats the bottom line? Are they Ansel's work or not?

Shooter
    35mm
    It looks like they're likely Earl's, not Ansel's, but the bottom line here is the people involved in producing and verifying this whole thing are looking very shady indeed. If the guy who has these plates really wanted to come off as legit his choice of legal representation was a really, really BAD call. Me, I'm just waiting for the Ansel Adams estate to sue these people blind, not so much because they care about the plates, clearly they don't believe they are Ansel's, but because they don't want him claiming they are Ansel's. It's clear they are intent upon selling prints of them as his and that is illegal no matter which way you look at it. They have no right to use Ansel Adam's name to further any sales of these plates or prints thereof, period.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin