Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,521   Online: 1082

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Report Of Experts On Authentication Of Adams' Lost Negatives To Be Released Soon.

I am the entertainment attorney who has been working with a group of experts for the past three years to once and for all prove that over 60 glass negatives purchased at a Fresno garage sale were in fact created by Ansel Adams. Our experts included two court qualified hand-writing analysts, the former Curator of the Boston Museum of Fine Arts and a meteorologist who was engaged to examine an authenticated Ansel Adams print and one virtually identical negative among those found at the garage sale. The task of this expert was to determine whether by looking at the cloud formation, shadows and snow drifts, it was possible to determine if the two images were captured on the same day and at the same time. Last but not least, on our team was Mr. Patrick Alt who I had the pleasure to work with and learn from. His expertise in this area is beyond reproach. After obtaining written reports from these experts, we asked a former FBI Agent and Section Chief and a former Assistant United States Attorney and Legal Commentator on ABC News to tell us if the evidence was sufficient under the highest standard used in US courts (beyond a reasonable doubt). In essence, we put the negatives on trial. We anticipate releasing the final results of our investigation later this month. If you are interested in being notified of the results and findings, please register at www.ricknorsigian.com. As an added inducement, those individuals who register on the website will have the opportunity to view before anyone else in the world 15 never before seen photographs we believe were created by Ansel Adams.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Seeing as you're Mr. Norsigian's attorney and you've been working to "prove that over 60 glass negatives...were in fact created by Ansel Adams", it's not hard to guess the results of your "trial". I have no idea on the veracity of your claims, but you're trying to prove an assertion for your client. Since there's a clear conflict of interest, it's hard to review your claims without thinking of that bias. Competent attorneys have little problem finding experts to bolster their cases. I'd say the same thing of any claims by the Ansel Adams estate.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have always adhered to the axiom . . . 'The best way to prove something to be correct is to try your best to disprove it.'
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    I see your point and would very much welcome your feedback and reaction to what we have gathered. I will be sure and post the actual report and results here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by apeter View Post
    The task of this expert was to determine whether by looking at the cloud formation, shadows and snow drifts, it was possible to determine if the two images were captured on the same day and at the same time.
    That would not prove that they were taken by the same person.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    apeter is telling us that the decision and the report are being made available to us. We are asked neither to approve or disapprove of the report. We can choose to read the report or not. How about not shooting the messenger and read the message first?

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If they were captured on the same day and at the same time, they would not necessarily be taken by the same person. I'm not shooting the messenger, but just noting an assumed conclusion which is not logical.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Join a forum, and this is one of the first posts with a link to a site where one has to register for updates. Hmmmm. I could just read the news :-)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If they compare these negatives to other negatives made by Adams at these locations it could be done. The holders would have a tell-tale signature. The shadow length and direction could comfirm date and time. Perspective could confirm location. Analysis of the condition of the negatives due to chemical reaction could conclude likelihood of similar process.

We will never know for sure, but I would love to have them for myself nonetheless.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

I can't envisage Ansel letting 60 plates out of his possession. In early days he often travelled with others such as Cedric Wright.
    If I wanted an opinion I would ask his assistants.
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin