Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,267   Posts: 1,534,343   Online: 785

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes that was excellent - thanks for the link.

Tony
    regards,

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very enjoyable-thanks.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Willard van Dyke was one of the founders, with Weston, of the F/64 group, so I think there is a real appreciation for Weston and his work evidenced in this film.

Having seen this film, here, for the first time, I appreciate the link having been posted. At the same time, I had a feeling of sadness watching it. It appeared to me that he was exhibiting the symptoms of the Parkinson's disease which ended his ability to photograph in 1948, the year van Dyke's film was published.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    It's a shame he didn't speak. I have always wanted to know what he sounded like.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Great film. Two thoughts: 1) Dodging while contact printing; 2) Charis(!)

~Joe

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post

Having seen this film, here, for the first time, I appreciate the link having been posted. At the same time, I had a feeling of sadness watching it. It appeared to me that he was exhibiting the symptoms of the Parkinson's disease which ended his ability to photograph in 1948, the year van Dyke's film was published.
    I had not seen the film in years, and share your sadness watching Weston in failing health. I met him on family visits to his home and recall observing the slow decline of his health from the early 1950's until his death in 1958. His voice became a whisper as a result of Parkinson's, but his mind was as brilliant as ever.

The apprentice in the film was an actress, Franny Clausen. I had forgotten that a young Morley Baer was in the film, appearing at the house and at Pt. Lobos.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    It's a shame he didn't speak. I have always wanted to know what he sounded like.
    To me, Adams sounded quite a bit like Ronald Reagan. Similar accent.

I imagine Weston being much more soft spoken.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, I enjoyed that.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I just returned from a week's sojourn to Carmel and the Monterey penninsula and watching this brought it all back to me. Point Lobos, 17 Mile Drive, Big Sur etc, it's no wonder so many great artists were drawn to the area.

I managed to fit in a few exhibitions during the day and was fortunate to see some of Adams, Weston and Sexton's work in the flesh.........they brought tears to my eyes and gave me a good indication of what can be achieved if you are dedicated and talented enough.

Mike

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had the video tape for years and wanted it on DVD. Thanks for letting me upgrade it to more modern media! I downloaded and burned it yesterday. *Sigh*

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin