Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,332   Posts: 1,537,390   Online: 1095

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Well done Bill Spears - B&W Magazine (UK)

As Bill won't blow his own Trumpet hears a piece from the B&W Magazine Press Release:

Press Release
    25th August 2010
    Paul Coghlin is the winner of the prestigious Black & White Photographer of the Year.
    The competition, run by Black & White Photography magazine, attracted entries from around the world – including America, China, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Czech Republic, Norway, Ireland and the UK.
    Black & White Photography is the only magazine which caters specifically for photographers working in black & white. The competition accepted entries from digital and film photographers but entries had to be supplied as prints.
    Categories included best portrait, landscape, still life, single image, travel, reportage, under-25, digital printer, silver printer and the overall prize of Black & White Photographer of the Year.
    The judges included legendary printer Robin Bell (who has worked with everyone from Eve Arnold to Don McCullin), plus acclaimed photographers Trevor Crone and Tim Clinch, Helen Esmonde (from Hoopers Gallery in London), Elizabeth Roberts (editor of Black & White Photography) and Keith Wilson (editorial director of GMC Publications).
    Elizabeth Roberts said: ‘The competition proves black & white photography is thriving, with a talented new generation of photographers coming through, shooting on digital or film.
    ‘We were delighted with the huge number of photographers who entered and the high standard of entries. The judges had some very tough decisions to make.’
    The winning entries will be featured in a special exhibition at a top London gallery – Hoopers Gallery – from 3 to 10 September. The pictures will also be featured in a special supplement which comes free with Black & White Photography issue 116, which comes out on 9 September.

Best Still Life: Bill Spears
    Best Silver Printer: Bill Spears

Well done Bill.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 09-04-2010 at 10:04 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: title

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'll second that Ian
    I received my magazine today with the supplement and Bill's photographs, for me, stand out. Congratulations and well done Bill!

- Tony
    regards,

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bill Spears did excellent work.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    As Bill won't blow his own Trumpet hears a piece from the B&W Magazine Press Release:
    Thanks for blowing my trumpet Ian ( that'll create a few comments !)

Yes I was totally over the moon to get these results, and especially in these particular categories.

Just got back from London, had a really great couple of days..... Thurs night at the private view at Hoopers Gallery where I met a few other forum members.... and the following day visiting other exhibitions around the city.

Thanks again
    Bill
    Digital photography is like virtual sex........ you never actually touch the real thing..... or get your hands dirty

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Grats!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Congratulation Bill, a great achievement to be proud of.
    I am glad to hear that you were able to line up a couple of exhibitions the following day.

Best

Delphine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks again Delph for your help.

Spent half the next day around Canary Wharf - getting lost in the shopping centre !
    Loved the Sally Mann exhbn and another at the Tate was awesome.
    Digital photography is like virtual sex........ you never actually touch the real thing..... or get your hands dirty

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm proud for you, Bill. That is truly awesome. Way to go, man. Cool.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I can't imagine the A-Z being of much help in C.Wharf. This said it is worth getting lost there at the mo as there is a fascinating window bay which allows to see both underwater and overground building work of the new station; I hope that you saw it. There's lots of documentation of the project too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Excellent work, very well done indeed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin