Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,351   Online: 1047

Shooter
    Medium Format

Finding Film Photographers

Does apug.org or another site have a listing of photographers who work with film? I just got engaged, and am hunting for someone to do engagement photographs in the DC area, but am having an awful time trying to find people who shoot on film, let alone have a style that I enjoy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Let me refer you to my friend Jason Keefer, who does a lot of work in DC. He doesn't post here on APUG. Excellent wedding/engagement photographer. His company is a husband wife team, actually, and they complement each other very well. They do film and digital and offer many interesting output options. I and another friend have been working with Jason to offer traditional b&w and lith prints to their repertoire.

If Jason's work doesn't do it for you or isn't at the right price point, I can name others.

And no, there isn't really a formal directory here, you just post and people reply
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the reply. They have a beautiful style. If you could name drop some others as well for comparison that would be awesome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Another would be Jen Fariello. I don't know Jen as well as Jason but she does high quality work. I am not sure what portion of it is film-based but I do know that some is and you could specify what you want.

Quite a few wedding photogs now do film as well as digital. People sometimes want "that look" and typically make reference to Mad Men or such, not knowing how to explain what "that look" is...!

If you can say in more detail what you want then maybe others will offer their services.
    Last edited by keithwms; 09-07-2010 at 08:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm looking more for a portrait look rather than a journalistic one. Amy Postle gets amazing light and poses. Love her intimate work. Looking for color work. I'm also a fan of square format.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Leica film shooter - Riccis Valladares?
    Andy
    Per Mare, Per Terram
    Filmus Monochromus | Project Double-X | Daily Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin