Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,430   Online: 1148

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Holy Grail?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw an exhibition of his work in MOMA a few years ago and loved it. But this http://masters-of-photography.com/A/...rnal_full.html is my absolute favorite photo of his. I stood transfixed in front of it for about half an hour! At last I tore myself away and viewed the rest of the exhibition, then returned to this one to stare at it some more. I had what I call an epiphanic experience; that is, I was absolutely transfixed by a work of art.
    When my wife dragged me out of the exhibit hall, we went to the MOMA bookshop where I found and purchased the book from the exhibition.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I first saw his work in person here at the Norton Simon Museum. Great stuff! His ex wife Lola Alvarez Bravo wasn't so bad either!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How cool, Eddy. That is the exact image that captured me as well. Do you know if it is still at the MOMA? I would probably take the train to N.Y., just to see it up close. What size is it? I wish I could find a print of this image to hang at home. It reminds me of Goya.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    He received the Hasselblad Award in 1984

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RPippin View Post
    How cool, Eddy. That is the exact image that captured me as well. Do you know if it is still at the MOMA? I would probably take the train to N.Y., just to see it up close. What size is it? I wish I could find a print of this image to hang at home. It reminds me of Goya.
    I don't think so; that was several years ago, and it was a special exhibition of his work. They may still have the exhibition book available, though. It was beautifully printed, and shows every print in the exhibition.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin