Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,156   Online: 968

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For portraits - Jane Bown, Cheryl Jacobs
    For landscapes - David Noton, Colin Prior
    For prints that make me swear (long and loud!) - Les McLean, Tim Rudman, Cheryl Jacobs

Images
    Adams
    Weston, Ed and Cole
    my dad
    Dawoud Bey http://www.photoworkshop.com/registe...Dawoud_Bey.pdf
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Paul Strand
    Edward Weston
    Harry Callahan
    Arnold Newman (even tho I am not a portrait photographer - I just love his work)
    And I have to say that Francesco's work has been inspiring me to start lugging my 4x5 equipment out to look for worthy images again.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For people pix: Avedon and Arbus

For landscape B&W: Minor White, E. Weston, John Sexton

For color landscape: Galen Rowell Mountain Light Gallery, and Robert YOUR pictures in the gallery are inspiring me to pick me up up some of that Velvia and chase the light, so you're on my list too (lucky you! )

Joe
    Last edited by noblebeast; 08-19-2004 at 12:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    I am interested in learning what photographers inspire you in your work. If possible, please provide website address is available.
    Photographers whose work inspires mine, in no particular order of influence:

Albert Renger-Patzsch
    See also: Fallen Angel

Brett Weston

Christopher Burkett

Aaron Siskind

Michael A. Smith

Raghubir Singh
    Couldn't find much on the web in the way of representative work. These are but a poor reflection of his brilliance. River of Colour is an unqualified masterpiece.
    Last edited by c6h6o3; 08-19-2004 at 07:02 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Need to add a great photogarpher to my list

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dad (to the largest extent)
    Cheers, Shesh

Not to know what happened before one was born is always to be a child - Cicero

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noblebeast
    Robert YOUR pictures in the gallery are inspiring me to pick me up up some of that Velvia and chase the light, so you're on my list too (lucky you! )

Joe
    Joe,

Thanks for the kind words, but I sure don't deserve it. I'm just lucky to live in such a beautiful place as Hawaii.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The results so far are great, I've really enjoyed seeing all these new websites and the work of photographers I didn't even know about. I'm curious about some of the choices of our friends from downunder (Australia, New Zealand) would make.

Still excited about images...
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    When I think about still lifes, no one beats Paul Caponigro. His work is by far some of the most amazing I have ever seen.

For landscape work? I am still thinking.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    There are so many who inspire me to go out and shoot and for as many different reasons. To name a few who spring to mind and in no particular order.

Horst.
    Karsh.
    H-C-B
    Erwitt (Love the dogs)
    Mapplethorpe for the flowers
    Weston
    Stephen Dalton (High speed flash)
    Adams
    Eamon mccabe
    Brandt
    Bailey (even though he's sold out to Olympus or canon?)
    Tina mcclelland (Her self portraits are very thought provoking.)
    Hipgnosis (Album covers)
    Doisneau

And the list could go on. and on

As much as I admire many photographers here I'd like to mention Cheryl Jacobs on the list. I can't put it into words but her work with children has a special something that makes it stand out, to my mind at any rate.

Cheers

Martin
    Last edited by wiseowl; 08-19-2004 at 03:26 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added a few that jumped in there after I clicked post

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin