Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,707   Online: 803

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1519202122232425

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd have to say HCB is by far at the top of my list. There is a DVD called The Impassioned Eye that came out shortly before his death that is marvelous.

Shooter
    Medium Format

What Photographer(s) Inspire You

Colin Prior (Scotland). Shoots mountain panoramas with a 6x17, either very early morning or late evening. Generates distinctive photographs. Check his work out at his web site.

This is the photographer that inspires me, in addition to the masters listed in previous posts.

Comments, anyone ?

Cheers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jepoma View Post
    Colin Prior (Scotland). Shoots mountain panoramas with a 6x17, either very early morning or late evening. Generates distinctive photographs. Check his work out at his web site.

This is the photographer that inspires me, in addition to the masters listed in previous posts.

Comments, anyone ?

Cheers.
    Excellent photos, very impressive.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One of my most loved photographers is Willy Ronis. Since his death at the age of 99 a couple of years ago, I have immersed myself in his images. His work is similar to HCB and Kertész, and to a lesser extent, Atget. What really stands out for me is Ronis' apparent affection for his subject. He loved his Paris and its people. He inspires the very way I touch my cameras.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    One of my most loved photographers is Willy Ronis ... What really stands out for me is Ronis' apparent affection for his subject. He loved his Paris and its people. He inspires the very way I touch my cameras.
    For very interesting insights into Ronis' art, check "Derrière l'objectif de Willy Ronis". In this very good book, Ronis explains how he took 120 of his best photographs: what problems he encountered, what he waited for (and did wait), what dilemmas he faced, and indeed how much he loved his subject ... A very good read too !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jepoma View Post
    For very interesting insights into Ronis' art, check "Derrière l'objectif de Willy Ronis". In this very good book, Ronis explains how he took 120 of his best photographs: what problems he encountered, what he waited for (and did wait), what dilemmas he faced, and indeed how much he loved his subject ... A very good read too !
    Sounds like a great book. I have two Ronis books that I treasure. Sadly, though much of my family history is in French Canada, I am not fluent enough to capture the finer nuances of the language. (that doesn't stop me from trying... )

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For a couple of planned projects, I've learned much from Lutz Dille:

http://www.bulgergallery.com/dynamic...?ArtworkID=203

And Sam Haskins, especially his 60s work like Cowboy Kate:

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f71...her-47243.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Obviously besides Ansel Adams and Sally Mann...

Vivian Maier is amazing... Or should I also list contemporaries?

In which case, Rebecca Williams is near the top.

Richard

Images
    Thank you for the name, Willy Ronis. I'd never heard that one, nor seen his work. *Beautiful*!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin