Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,427   Online: 714

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    I was just looking at an old advertisement which had 'Gene Smith using, and extolling the virtues of, an Olympus Pen F. I beleive that other famous shooter, John Nanian also uses a Pen F from time to time!

thanks tony

i do love half frame!
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Name one photographer who used a 645 camera.
    Oh yeah, I forgot: me. Still do, as a matter of fact.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Name one photographer who used a 645 camera.
    Cheryl Jacobs Nicolai seems to get pretty good results from 645 :

http://www.cheryljacobsphotography.com/backstage.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Obviously the key is to find a camera no 'master' has made famous so that you can carve your own niche with it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I don't really associate a certain camera with any of my personal favorites.
    I wouldn't normally either. However, I have recently become aware of the work of John Gay, a German immigrant to the UK in the 1930s. He predominantly used a Rolleiflex and his pictures of England from the 1930s to the 1970s are some of the best pictures I have ever seen and are proof that simple equipment is all that is needed.

I suppose the fact that I have only seen them presented in the square format reinforces my association of him with the Rolleiflex. If they were cropped to a rectangle I think it would not have stuck in my mind.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Aaron Siskind and Laura Gilpin each used a Meridian 45B at some point in their long respective careers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    Obviously the key is to find a camera no 'master' has made famous so that you can carve your own niche with it.
    I'm gonna put the Nikkormat on the spotlight baby I'll remember APUG when I make the cover of National Geographic!!!!!!!!!! YEAH BOY!!!!
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit, under the knife for a bit
    4x5 Graphic View / Schneider 180 / Ektar 127
    RB67 Pro S / 50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Moriyama Daido - a well respected and known Japanese photographer, has done a lot of work with various point-n-shoot cameras, many of which he has been given or borrowed according an short documentary piece I saw about him.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin