Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,656   Online: 770

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Just watched a doco on art photographer Polly Borland showing her using a P67 and a Mamiya (645 I think). That was shot in 2012.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ewins View Post
    Just watched a doco on art photographer Polly Borland showing her using a P67 and a Mamiya (645 I think). That was shot in 2012.
    I saw that on ABC the other week. She had a Pentax 67 and a Mamiya 7.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am aware of Nick Brandt. Two other photographers, perhaps locally famous in their respective countries, are Ian Cameron (Transient Light) and Obie Oberholzer, who is famous in South Africa for travel books like "Raconteur Roads" and "The Hotazel Years". Obie is in my view one of the most brilliant travel photographers to be found in any country. It will help to understand a bit of South African culture to grasp the metaphores in his photographs (I'm not talking about famous sportstars shooting their girlfriends!).

I know a few other local guys who use Pentax, but who are still climbing the ladder of fame. Let's see how far up they go...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And here he is with it. What a character! Haha

His work looks quite interesting, thanks.
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Shooter
    Medium Format
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For one of his books done with his father, David, Marc Muench used a P67 with only two lenses, 45, and 300 mm. ( His other camera was a Linhof, I think ) Since I too use a P67, it's fun to see how he used it. The two last lenses I've purchased for the camera are the 45, and 300, so good examples are useful. Checking out his website I noticed we share an October 14th birthday exactly 20 years apart. I am absolutely certain that that fact is utterly and completely irrelevant!!
    John Voss

My Blog

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin