Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,076   Online: 942

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Video about Contact Press Images in 1978

Hi all,

I just added a nice short video to the APUG Video section:

http://www.apug.org/forums/media.php?do=details&mid=107

I found it on a spanish photography blog (http://lafotografiahoy.blogspot.com/). The video - 1978... so beware of the fashionable skirts - is about the Contact Press Images photojournalistic agency, and shows some of the people at work.

I especially liked the small discussion about the limited use of B&W photography in publications, and seeing the people comment on some just finished and published magazines.

Enjoy the "wayback machine" feeling!

Please note the video is actually only about 12 minutes, it seems they didn't cut off the 12 minute remaining black film on the roll in the digital version... A decision I actually quite like, come to think of it

And another interesting item is this photo of David Burnett using a LF camera in what appears to be a Kerry campaign shoot:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burnett-kerry.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	30192

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    That was great. Thanks for posting it up.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin