Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,883   Online: 1049

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Benefit Portfolio raffle for John and Teri Wimberley

Not sure if this has been mentioned on APUG. Details here:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=71129

John Wimberley is an important photographer, teacher and friend. As an acknowledged craftsman of the highest order, his work is known and collected all over the world. As an instructor, his calm demeanor, reflection and helpful thoughts have provided insight as well as practical guidance for an untold number of photographers. When his wife Teri was recently diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma (Bone Marrow Cancer) we were all shocked and saddened. They have been dealing with her illness as best they can, but are struggling financially as they are without health insurance due to a preexisting condition.
    We, whom John has touched with his fine work and teaching, have put together portfolios of photographic prints to be raffled off to help raise money on their behalf.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks Sean! It's very much appreciated this boost from you.
    We're 1/3 of the way folks in only two days. This is a good cause to help a great photographer and his wife. I'll let you know that this raffle is but one part of what we are doing to help them. We're also gathering photographs from some of our more known members of our photography community for a Benefit Print auction on eBay. John Sexton, Christopher Burkett, Don Kirby, Charles Cramer, Steve Anchell and our very own Vaughn Hutchins are donating.
    So if you wish to save your money to bid on these names? Great but here with the raffle you may get some pretty nice images for only 10 dollars. And you have a better chance of winning if you buy more tickets.
    So drop me a line, PM me or call. Help us help John and Teri.
    Thanks R
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I want to share with you this story.
    I got an email from a retiree from Medford Oregon. She wanted to buy ten tickets. A hundred dollars. I know that this person is on a limited budget herself and I asked her to simply buy the last few tickets if I needed her.
    "But, those people are in more dire need then I" she replied. "So, please let me buy more then a few when the time comes" I could see her heart was true. So, I will hold a few tickets for her to buy but not 100 dollars worth.
    If a retiree can offer to buy more then her fair share then maybe you can buy a ticket or two?
    Ten dollars wil go far for John and Teri.
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Let me share with you, John has been in such dire way that he had to sell Camera gear and family heirlooms on eBay to make ends meet. When I told him that we are working to help, he is very grateful to all of you who have rallied around him in this hour of need.
    We're almost to the finish line! Ten dollars buy a ticket or you can give directly to John.
    tjwimberley@charter.net
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have a few tickets to sell and I'm saving those for folks here in the Portland Metro area and PPF meeting. But I want to say that this went really well. Photographers and friends of John have come forward and gave what they could and have touched John deeply.
    I will be doing the drawing of the winners the first week of February. This will give those who are mailing me their checks time to do so. I will be sharing the names of those who won. This was a great fun and if you still wish to contribute to John and Teri here is there paypal account,tjwimberley@charter.net
    Thank you all for your contributions.
    Boy, I sound like OPB!! :-)
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Enjoy you cool photographers you!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xELEOs-_cY
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Boy, did I have a surprise in the mail when I got home from work. Thanks Robert, the portfolio is fantastic and I am so happy to have been part of this (whether I was drawn or not - but happily I was and it's definitely a wonderful collection of prints). Thanks for pulling this together and it seems to have been very successful. I hope it helped them a little bit in the terribly difficult time.

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by toro_mike View Post
    Boy, did I have a surprise in the mail when I got home from work. Thanks Robert, the portfolio is fantastic and I am so happy to have been part of this (whether I was drawn or not - but happily I was and it's definitely a wonderful collection of prints). Thanks for pulling this together and it seems to have been very successful. I hope it helped them a little bit in the terribly difficult time.

Mike
    You are welcome, Sir! So far you are the third winner to let me know their portfolios arrived. I would be greatly pleased if the other winners let me know they go theirs as well.
    Thanks again for your support to John and Teri.
    R
    Aristotle

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin