Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,662   Posts: 1,481,618   Online: 900

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Did you ever hear about 'LJ'?

I have no clue who he is, but I stand in awe:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1653669...7622905229717/
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    LJ shoots with a Canon 5D as in digital + photoshop + overdone HDR and contrast stretching. Look at the image metadata. Off-topic for APUG. Try DPUG or hybridphoto.com.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yup. Metadata indeed says Canon 5D. I'm sure we'll be slapped across the fingers by moderators soon.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If you look at my scans they say "EOS 5D Mark II" because I use such a camera with a bellows and macro lens to "scan" my negatives. So, that does not say too much. And how a photographer works is circumstantial for me when I like his photos, and that was the only reason why I showed this.

Or, if that should be digital work: how would you do this on film?
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    If you look at my scans they say "EOS 5D Mark II" because I use such a camera with a bellows and macro lens to "scan" my negatives. So, that does not say too much. And how a photographer works is circumstantial for me when I like his photos, and that was the only reason why I showed this.

Or, if that should be digital work: how would you do this on film?
    Find people with lots of wrinkles and use a blue filter. That is certainly digital work, no doubt. Over-sharpened to death and likely with the use of a blue filter plug in Silver EFX. Thread zapped soon...

Impressive at first, but then everybody starts looking like they just came out of a screening for Resident Evil. I certainly wouldn't want to stare at one of those for too long or hang on my wall. Aside for a few shots, most are downright frightening.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Well, the effect is too strong, you are right. Half of that would be enough.

I think I might achieve a good look with a blue filter, a low-speed film, developed to a high contrast and then printed on paper grade 4 might do the trick. How would you do it?

BTW, I have to photograph some people that are perfect for this kind of pictures.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    These images are rather over-baked; to a certain extent the dramatics distort any artistic or documentary meaning.

Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Opinions differ apparently. No surprise there.

I don't think they're over the top at all.

I'm curious though, how much of the dislike expressed above stems from (a percieved) digital origin and ditto post processing?

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin