Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,136   Online: 1054

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Shelby Lee Adams article in B&W

I perused the latest issue of B&W magazine today while enjoying a cup of tea at Barnes and Noble. Included is an article and portfolio of photographs of the people of Appalachia by Shelby Lee Adams. A photograph of Adams' that accompanies the article is the wet plate picture made by our very own Bill Schwab at Photostock 2009.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice! Good work to both Shelby and Bill.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I noticed that cover article, and specifically bought it to be able to read more about him and his work.

Yeah, I know it's all out there already but I want the magazine. I'd love to know how he lit the cover photograph.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    From having heard him talk about his work in person and watching videos about him, I know that he uses strobes, umbrellas, etc. to light many of his pictures.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi Dan

I have heard him talk a couple of times now and I just am in awe of his work.
    He is such an amazing gentleman and he deserves all the recognition he is getting now and in the future.
    I believe he will go down as one of the greats in social documentary photography.
    He is very humble, and very open with his work , methods and is a great inspiration for photographers to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    From having heard him talk about his work in person and watching videos about him, I know that he uses strobes, umbrellas, etc. to light many of his pictures.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi back, Bob. Amen to everything you said. I have been privileged to be around some really good photographers (and printers) but I think I have been most profoundly affected by SLA.

I noticed your post about Kudzu the other day. I may be relocating to Roanoke, Virginia later this year and I am looking forward to finding many Kudzu-overtaking buildings in that area.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin