Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,484   Posts: 1,571,257   Online: 1040

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF

Selling prints & Offering local development

I believe this may be the right forum. Anyway, I would just like some input on my craigslist ad offering film development and print sales-

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ats/2209562143.html

What do you think? Good prices and examples?
    Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it's a great idea. I think hobbyists can take over when labs fold.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your prices are way to cheap on developing, and too confusing. Keep your ad simple. You can always let people contact you for more info. Whats the difference between "live photogs" and photo shoots? Do you mean studio versus location maybe?
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Low prices = good

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    Your prices are way to cheap on developing, and too confusing. Keep your ad simple. You can always let people contact you for more info. Whats the difference between "live photogs" and photo shoots? Do you mean studio versus location maybe?
    Really? You think they're cheap? I actually thought they were on the higher end... What do you think is confusing?

Basically what I meant with the whole "live" thing was in reference to the earlier remark about bands- That I am more suited and comfortable doing "natural" vs "posed" shots.
    Thanks for the replies and input so far, and I do agree that hobbyists could take over!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i too agree that your prices are too low. that's basically about $4/hour (at least judging by my processing times). i would probably provide neg sleeves, and a contact sheet (digital or analog) would be a nice touch.

your ad sounds a little amateur, i would revise your wording to make it look more like a "home" business than just someone developing film.

cheers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think the fact that you have a Leica determines what kind of photographs you can take, that's just playing into the whole Leica mystique... like Rick said, I think you could say it differently.

Maybe candid/documentary/event photography and "studio work" sounds better than "photo shoots".

Good luck!
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I wasn't necessarily trying to play to the Leica mystique, but I have changed it to better suit understanding. The Leica statement was rather ambiguous anyway as not everyone knows what it is. Here's the reworked ad to reflect slight price changes, less amateur wording, and the revision to reflect documentary/street/live style etc.,

"If you would like to have your black & white film developed and don't want to send it out and wait a week or more, I am now offering development locally in Philadelphia and will have it returned to you the next day! Developing with D76, HC110, TMax, & ID11.
    I am also looking to pick up some work shooting local bands or fashion using b&w film. My shooting style works a lot better with live/street/candid/documentary styles, so I am not the best choice for portraiture or ad work; though I would be willing to take on a project if I feel I would be able to meet or exceed the desired product. Please email me about pricing for shoots.

Rates & Prices for development (35mm, 120 on the way!)-
    • D76 $4 per roll
    • HC110 development (for slightly higher contrast) $4.50 per roll
    • TMax Developer (For Kodak P3200 or Ilford Delta 3200 Push processing) $5 per roll
    • D76 or HC110 Push processing $5 per roll

Exposure Indexes using TMax Developer for P3200 or Delta 3200: 800, 1200, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12500, 2500, 50000

The third photo (framed) is a print for sale made using Kodak P3200 film pushed to 6400 and printed on 8x10" Ilford Pearl Paper; it is $55 matted & framed.

Contact sheets, prints, & scanning can also be arranged, but they will be slightly longer as I do not do these locally. If you would like any of these additional services, please inquire about price and timing. Thank you!

Savall Photographic Prints
    "

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    wow, your prices are very low ..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    very very low....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin