Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,879   Online: 1033

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I saw John Wayne's True Grit years ago like everybody else, but didn't know that Jeff Bridges was a photographer. Thanks for the heads up!

Jeff
    If you do a quick look at google images you'll be amazed at how long he's been a shutterbugs.... I like the widelux he uses a lot

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    What I like is that the photos show what a cooperative effort it is to make a film, and that Jeff actually knows the names of the hairdressers, wranglers, etc. Shows that his celebrity hasn't gone to his head, thank goodness.

One issue: I'm running Snow Leopard on a Macbook, and the photos would not enlarge -- the larger titles would download, but not the images.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    I thought True Grit seemed rather lightweight; the relatively short duration of the film didn't allow one to fully immerse in the narrative, which also meant certain sections of the film seemed rather artificially curtailed.

Tom
    Well, I'm sure when you make your movie it will be different.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    [H]ard to do better than The Duke.
    I agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inZNyCQKP3c
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Well, I'm sure when you make your movie it will be different.
    Art / film / music criticism is valid on its own. I don't buy the argument that one has to be a practitioner in a particular field (e.g. feature film production in this instance) to be able to make some valid observations.

respectfully,

Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Art / film / music criticism is valid on its own. I don't buy the argument that one has to be a practitioner in a particular field (e.g. feature film production in this instance) to be able to make some valid observations.

respectfully,

Tom
    Yes, I believe you believe that. Same goes of course, for photography or any other artistic endeavor. The masses shall set the standard, and then the dilettante shall hold court. It is a system of checks and balances against the ego of the artist, who is usually as or likely more vapid and insipid than the critic...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is this in the Soap Box already?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    I sure hope not

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Who's Jeff Bridges?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    Who's Jeff Bridges?
    Mike Nelsons' Boy.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin