Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,354   Online: 852

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Jeff Bridges' True Grit Pix

http://jeffbridges.com/true_grit_boo..._01.cover.html

I'm not up on who is nominated for an Oscar, but i think Jeff Bridges is for his role in True Grit, which I thought was a great flick. As many of you know, he's an avid photographer, and I came across the above link via the Online Photographer to Bridges' Widelux pix he shot during the making of the movie. There are some gems in there, to be sure.

And think he should win the Oscar for the pix alone!!
    Last edited by SuzanneR; 02-27-2011 at 03:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    These are really amazing, thanks for the link. Great movie too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought True Grit seemed rather lightweight; the relatively short duration of the film didn't allow one to fully immerse in the narrative, which also meant certain sections of the film seemed rather artificially curtailed.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I saw John Wayne's True Grit years ago like everybody else, but didn't know that Jeff Bridges was a photographer. Thanks for the heads up!

Jeff

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks, great fun. Actor/musician photographers have left some wonderful casual backstage/set collections--Yul Brynner and Milt Hinton are two that come to mind. Welcome relief from the Twitter-fueled celebrity worship circus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very good images. But I guess if I have to pull for a film or actor at the Oscars it would have to be "The King's Speech" and Colin Firth or Christian Bale in "The Fighter".
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hard choice this year... Toss up between the King's Speech and True Grit. Both fine movies.

As for actor/musician/celebrity photographers, you should add Graham Nash and Sammy Davis Jr. to the list. I don't know if we should include Colm Feore or the other celebrity Littman owners, but I would add Russian President President Dimitri Medvedev and um... Leni Riefenstahl. (and then stand back and watch the sparks fly)
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chinn View Post
    Very good images. But I guess if I have to pull for a film or actor at the Oscars it would have to be "The King's Speech" and Colin Firth or Christian Bale in "The Fighter".
    Yeah... I think the safe money is on these guys, (though I haven't seen either of their movies) but the dude is clearly a talent behind the camera, too!! That's why he gets my (non) vote!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for sharing the link, Suzanne. Those are some wonderful photographs. I also noticed the great light in most of the images, any idea when the movie was shot? IMDB lists the locations in Texas and New Mexico.

BTW, Brendan Fraser is also a good photographer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recognized Camel Rock, next to the highway just north of Santa Fe. I used to live in colorado where they filmed the first True Grit. I'm not sure I want to see the remake, hard to do better than The Duke.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin