Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,503   Online: 785

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    worth it just for the stereograms

He was a 19th century (US-)western ULF photographer.
    To bad he suffered in the end of his life.Lived in a box car with his family,committed to an insane asylum and a greater insult of having all his negs destroyed in the San Fransisco earthquake.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    To bad he suffered in the end of his life.Lived in a box car with his family,committed to an insane asylum and a greater insult of having all his negs destroyed in the San Fransisco earthquake.
    And his first set of negatives were "stolen" in a bankrupcy sale by his partner while he was out on a photo expedition. The set destroyed in the SF earthquake was his second set ("New Series", I believe).

Always has been one of my favorites -- I grew up with two of his prints in the hallway.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin