Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,137   Online: 848

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, unfortunately I just heard that the worst has occurred, and according to the freshest article at the New York Times, it is confirmed. Hondros did not live long after sustaining major brain tissue loss during the attack. He survived in a coma for a few hours despite this, hence the initial confusion. Condolences to his family, friends, and co-workers, who as far as I can tell greatly admired and respected him.

At least there is some positive news; the two other journalists with them, Guy Martin and Christopher Brown, survived.

It turns out that Liohn was not injured, as initially reported, but reported the story from the triage center.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/0...-hetherington/

Sounds like Heatherington shot a Hassy for at least some of his work. Not sure if it is a new digital one or a film one.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Terrible news. I'm grateful for the work they've done. May they rest in peace. May their wounded colleagues pull through.

-Laura

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It cannot be overstated what a loss this is, to the photojournalism community and for everyone who would see their work. Chris was a remarkable man, a compassionate and skilled photographer who had a deep desire to go where the pictures were and bring them back to those who could not. He had an enormous network of friends, I am proud to count myself among them from our time together in graduate school. Chris, we all miss you so much, already.

From a postcard, 1996. He's in North Carolina, ready to take on the world with an F3:
    Last edited by billbretz; 04-21-2011 at 02:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "Two true heroes are are gone, brave men, talented journalists, generous human beings, true friends...thank you to all, known or unknown who helped during these tragic moments."
    (via Bruno Stevens)

http://cjchivers.com/post/4794700317...m-heading-home

sad day ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A pretty touching article written by Hondros about his experiences with a Liberian soldier: http://digitaljournalist.org/issue0511/dis_hondros.html.
    2F/2F

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin