Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,375   Online: 874

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Does this happen to anyone else?

(I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, so feel free to move it):

I often check the Gallery, when I need a break from whatever I'm doing. I usually plan to peruse for a few minutes, clicking on the thumbs which catch my eye. Before I know it, an hour (or more) has gone by, and I've gone deep into "More Images By...). I'm not complaining. I find myself inspired, educated, and entertained. At this point, there are numerous image posters who leave me completely awed. Their dedication to the art form, work ethic, and bodies of work, make me aspire to loftier image making goals...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ditto for sure.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What you are viewing are scanned, hitherto "digitized" representations of the works, which will never be a definining visual experience. Imagine just what you are missing by not getting up close and personal with the real thing in all its beauty!
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know. The images I post don't look like the ones I print. A lot gets lost (paper surface/depth/tonality), but anyone who has done this for a long time can "translate" what they see on their monitor, and get an approximation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Isn't that the whole purpose of the galleries, to show and inspire, and to help us get lost in time. Its a stress reliever.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Walnut Grove, MN USA (Laura Ingall Wilder's home)
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I discovered apug only recently, and I spend a lot of time (time well spent, I might add) going back through the galleries.
    "We often think that when we have completed our study of one we know all about two, because 'two' is 'one and one'. We forget that we have still to make a study of 'and'."
    -A. S. Eddington

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin