Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,707   Posts: 1,482,871   Online: 971

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format

remember

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stanworth View Post
    I guess my opinion differs from most in that I find her work very good but lacking in the vision and uniqueness of the famous names she is sometimes compared to. I feel that her work almost entirely lacks the magic that catapulted these people from being 'very good' to icons. Its lovely work, for sure, but does not progress any further for me. I dont think she will be remembered as an Arbus or HCB, but will stand corrected when and if she is!
    we are seeing here work now... keep in mind she was a predecessor or a contemporary of many of those we revere today as great... what would her impact have been were she known, her work exhibited, and thus honored today?

Shooter
    Large Format
    She will become the darling of curators in the next decade, certainly in this country, and perhaps beyond. Recently learning that her work has not been cropped or manipulated, I believe that it ranks with the best of the documentary street photographers, past or present. Her wonderful sense of humor and pathos, accompanied by a keen sense of composition and selective focus, results in some truly stellar work. A vision completely different from my own, but very well executed. Bravo to Vivian Maier!

www.mergross.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The owner of most of her work has commissioned (through Kickstarter) a documentary and the trailer, for the film, which will be released later this year is below...
    http://youtu.be/2o2nBhQ67Zc
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow. I know the guy who at the very end says he wishes he had found the negs instead. He told me he was interviewed but never said anything about being in a movie.
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Wow. I know the guy who at the very end says he wishes he had found the negs instead. He told me he was interviewed but never said anything about being in a movie.
    I'm shocked that Tim Roth is in a movie...

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    Or for those of us a few hundred miles north, the O. Winston Link Museum in Roanoke, VA will be exhibiting 32 of Maier's photographs on loan from the Jackson Fine Art Gallery in Atlanta. The exhibit runs from February 23 to May 6.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin