Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,934   Online: 1208

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EricO View Post
    ...I’m still listening to and preferring music from the 80’s...
    Best laugh I've had in a long time...

I'm still laughing

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Actually, the greatest band to ever come out of America did so in the 1980s.
    Living Colour.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's important to note that the title, at least, of this thread refers to the music and photography industries.

I don't think that the quality of music and musicians has any more than a tangential relationship to the quality of the music industry.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Nunn View Post
    Best laugh I've had in a long time...

I'm still laughing
    Exactly...
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by EricO View Post
    1. It used to be that musicians could play instruments and some could even read music
    2. Today’s musicians (and their music) lack talent, creativity, originality, and quality
    3. There are many times more people making “music” these days with all of the computer software that’s out there
    4. If you strip away music videos, dancers and the sampling of other musician’s music most musicians are exposed as talentless
    5. The fans of this mediocre art form are oblivious to the lack of quality in the music
    6. It’s becoming harder to earn money because of all of the techno advances that allow a mediocre artist to make music without having real skills
    7. The marketing of the music is making it harder for the artist to earn money

I’m still listening to and preferring music from the 80’s and still using cameras from the 80’s and 90’s.

Would you care to list the analogies to photography to these bullets?
    Personally, I blame the renaissance...

Shooter
    35mm
    film = real instruments
    digital = keyboards

You can create images (sounds) with digital photography (keyboards) but it will never be real music (film photography).

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    I think you're living too much in the mainstream EricO

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stavrosk View Post
    digital = keyboards.
    I hope you're limiting that to electronic keyboard instruments and excluding Hammond organs!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Possibly a better analogy would be the storage and viewing/listening methods of film and digital when applied to music.

I think a JPG file is similar to an MP3 file. i.e. Compressed to make it fit in a smaller file space and susequently loses some of its definition/quality.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I hope you're limiting that to electronic keyboard
    Yes of course. I did not remember that keyboard is a real instrument as well.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin