Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,530   Online: 1053

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    OK I'm going to jump in with both feet and repeat myself to an extent. On other threads we have kind of agreed that photography is painting/drawing with light. We have found that it's impossible to agree on what is or isn't art.

Now my point is where does it say that we have to produce razor sharp pictures, the size and deffinition of grain, if a picture should have high or low contrast and if details should be present? Surely regardless of how the photographer/artist intends the picture to look it is still photography.

Repeating myself we worry too much about technical excellence in the work of others when the fact is it doesn't matter, if you don't like the work ignore it or better still go out and shoot your own to your own standards.

Mmmmm rant over!

This has to be one of the best things I have heard on the net in a long time. I can't believe that more people don't feel this way
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    When I was in school 35 years ago AA bashing was heavy then. I guess it will be for the next 100 years. When your on top everyone under you wants to bash you.

Read Westons day books if you want to know how photography struggled in the 20"s 30"s and 40's with this same thing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin