Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,886   Posts: 1,520,619   Online: 1047

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    One thing about AA which classifies him as a genius, is that he realized that he is only a link in the chain and that others will come to surpass his accomplishments. In fact he always encouraged it of his students do try to do so.

I found out that my good friend and mentor, Carroll Siskind, died 4 years ago. His was the photo teacher at Monmouth College, NJ in the late 1970's and was my main influence for getting me into photography. His work is not well known yet he did one series on manaquins that is sensational. He also did street and fashion photography that rivals any master.
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This thread makes a case for self portraits. A poor substitute for life (for the individual, at least) but in any case, more than just the evidence left by our mortal residue.

This time, get in front of the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dean - the problem I find with my self portraits is they actually look like me Even I'm not so evil as to leave that kind of residue to future viewers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Helmut Newton is dead!!?? I didn't realize that. How sad.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    In spite of all the terrible horrors, many good things came out of the enormous effort we remember as WWII.

Commercial advertising photography as we know it, was created in the 50's almost exclusively by photographers who were trained by the US Government or were members of the allied forces.

It is rumored that the formula for Ektachrome itself was "liberated" from the German scientists at Agfa after their surrender. Before the war there was only Kodachrome.

The time has come for all of these marvelous players to return to The Father.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I swear though, it seems like the true masters are all going away leaving us with little in their wake.
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Add one more name to the list: George Silk died over the weekend. He was one of the great Life magazine photographers who covered WWII, and a lot of sports. He was at the Battle of the Bulge.
    Last edited by SuzanneR; 10-27-2004 at 03:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Maybe the on-slaught of the digitial age has something to do with it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    DEATH. Is just mother nature's way of telling you to slow down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin