Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,954   Posts: 1,522,786   Online: 948

Shooter
    Large Format

My tribute to Brett Weston

I have added a small tribute to Brett Weston as portfolio #9 on my website:

http://www.mergross.com/portfolios.htm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I liked #14 a lot, it had a feeling of movement and life in the water splashing on the rocks.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wonderful shots!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quite beautiful Merg.

Shooter
    Large Format
    It would be difficult to draw/paint the images that nature provides. Beautiful abstract work.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Large Format
    My thanks to those who have looked, and for the kind responses.

Regards,

Merg

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Merg, your work is wonderful and I also very much enjoyed reading your bio.

I'm hesitant to ask a technical question because doing so can sometimes sound dismissive of the breadth of your creative work, but I'm curious if you prefer contact printing or do you print enlargements? I noticed on your website that prints were currently unavailable. I'd also like to know just a little bit more about what papers you like to print onto.

I feel honored to have you as an APUG member, yet not being previously aware of your work makes me feel somewhat disconnected; but I'm glad to have discovered your work.

~Joe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I really like the idea of a portfolio from Weston beach. It is a wonderful little piece of beach and worthy of every photograph ever made there. Well done.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe VanCleave View Post
    Merg, your work is wonderful and I also very much enjoyed reading your bio.

I'm hesitant to ask a technical question because doing so can sometimes sound dismissive of the breadth of your creative work, but I'm curious if you prefer contact printing or do you print enlargements? I noticed on your website that prints were currently unavailable. I'd also like to know just a little bit more about what papers you like to print onto.

I feel honored to have you as an APUG member, yet not being previously aware of your work makes me feel somewhat disconnected; but I'm glad to have discovered your work.

~Joe
    Joe, thank you for taking a look and for the kind words.

It is natural and expected that questions of technique arise when viewing a body of photographic work. I have kept my technique as simple as possible. In the instance of the Point Lobos portfolio, the majority of the images were made with an 8x10 Agfa camera, and the remainder with a 4x5 Calumet. The 8x10's were originally contact printed on papers no longer available, including Azo, Contactone and Lustrex. Likewise, the 4x5's were printed on discontinued Agfa and Ilford projection papers. They have been enlarged using an Omega DII with an Aristo coldlight source. The enlarger was purchased in 1962. I switched from condenser to coldlight about a dozen years ago.

All of my work is presently enlarged, with the exception of the 8x10 negatives. I have settled on a single paper, the new Adox MCC 110 developed in a Glycin formula. In my opinion, it is the finest projection paper currenly available. For the present time I have ceased printing for sale, thus leaving more time for new work.

Hope this answers your questions, and thanks again for writing.

Merg

Shooter
    Large Format
    One hundred years ago today, December 16, 1911, Brett Weston was born.

Happy Birthday good friend, I will be joining your friends in Carmel for a toast tonight.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin