Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,329   Online: 870

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Yes, Adams' craft improved but, by his own admission, his artistic vision stagnated. And that's very unfortunate."

If you take a look at what are generally considered his finest images they correlate to a love interest in his life. In the various biographies you get bits & pieces of the life of Ansel & the enthusiasm of a love interest seems to help the creativity in his photographs.

Edward Weston always seemed to have a new love interest & maybe it i that excitement we see in many of his images? I don't know about Brett.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Brett once said (paraphrasing here!) "I do my best work after a good round of fornication". The Weston men were, well, . . . men. It's not too hard to see the influence of the female form on Brett's abstracts. And then there were those delicious underwater nudes. He chased young girls well into his seventies. Ah, the muse!

I always thought Ansel was faithfully married to Virginia. Yes, no?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rhphoto
    I always thought Ansel was faithfully married to Virginia. Yes, no?
    One of the biographies I read said no.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am not saying Ansel had affairs or was unfaithful to his wife, just that there was apparently an infatuation/crush/lust in his heart(like Jimmy Carter?) that added spice & excitement to his life & influenced the life in his images at the time.
    The Westons lifelong images of quality may well suggest a correlation to creativity & the idea of exciting the libido.
    Others who produce excellence and are faithful to one partner may well find all the excitement & stimulation they need with one person they are fully committed to & in love with.
    Might make an interesting study for some grad type in need of a topic for a thesis or dissertation.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin