Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,725   Online: 752

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    If I was the judge in this case I'd rule that the complainant should pay the defendants legal costs of $50,000
    If I was the defendant in this case, I don't think I would spend £1 (or $1) defending it. I don't see how it has got to $50,000. It shouldn't have even got to court.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    If I was the defendant in this case, I don't think I would spend £1 (or $1) defending it. I don't see how it has got to $50,000. It shouldn't have even got to court.

Steve.
    If you don't defend you lose by default.
    Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    If you don't defend you lose by default.
    I would defend.... I just wouldn't spend any money doing it.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I doubt you are likely to collect money from the unemployed

"If I was the judge in this case I'd rule that the complainant should pay the defendants legal costs of $50,000, pay them $ 100,000 compensation for their pain and suffering, and the two divorcees be ordered by the court to re-create their wedding night"
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    35mm
    There were some photos from my first wedding that I was less-than-thrilled with (I'm on marriage number two now, this one seems like it's going to work). But, seeing as how that marriage is over, the *last* thing I want to do is recreate the event. Yikes! I surely don't wish to have a visit with the ex-mother-in-law.

The word "warped" simply leaps to mind here!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And I wonder why the ex does not want to be found......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suspect some hidden agenda of the plaintiff.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin