Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,291   Online: 934

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Fred Herzog - Vintage Colour 'Street' Photographs on TIME.com

http://lightbox.time.com/2011/11/01/...photographs/#1

Pretty amazing stuff, and when you consider the guy did it - handheld - with Kodachrome ASA-10...wow.

One of my inspirations for any street or documentary photography that I do.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great pictures, thanks!

Jeff

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Self-portrait 1961 and Victoria, 1967 are insanely good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd seen his work when it was being discussed around the web a few years back & thought he was very good. Had a look at that link & was even more impressed - what a great eye for light & colour. Also interesting to read there is a new book of his work with more images than the previous one. Thanks for the link.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for these, Colin. There was also a short piece in the Toronto G&M on Herzog which I think was the first time I saw his work.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1995600/

This work is also worth a look:

http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/1...d-photography/
    Last edited by CGW; 11-09-2011 at 12:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I consider myself real, real lucky to have seen his work printed and on a wall. Whoever he had take care of the scanning and inkjet printing (OK sorry, I know this is APUG but come on, they were 50 year old Kodachromes) kept the colour bang-on.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    His work was featured at MOCA this year in Toronto for the opening of Contact, some really nicely printed inkjets. I admire his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    I consider myself real, real lucky to have seen his work printed and on a wall. Whoever he had take care of the scanning and inkjet printing (OK sorry, I know this is APUG but come on, they were 50 year old Kodachromes) kept the colour bang-on.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow! Outstanding, thanks for the link.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the link and what a coincidence as there was just a TV show on him on the Knowledge channel last night. He was a professional photographer in that he worked at the university taking medical and science photos required for classes. His street shots were his hobby and for most of his life he did this just for himself. It was only in the later part of his life that this massive hobby, I think he said he had over 100,000 photos, that he became known for his artistic insights into street photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just received his new book "Fred Herzog Photographs" by Douglas & McIntyre Publishers. It is very well done, nicely printed, and has several very interesting essays including one by Jeff Wall.

Richard Wasserman

http://www.richardwasserman.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin