Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,160   Online: 1000

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    One of my gigs is to shoot high school and college Ice Hockey games for parents. I know its not art but one does have to eat......anyway the only way to do it that makes sense is with my D90. Its my only digital but its the right tool for that type of work.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    I had a look at the book today and I thought it was terrible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the input, ray*j*gun. Your point is very valid, as I do think that for sports, one would need to use a digital camera no matter what. It'd be too impractical otherwise. Of course, the baseball shots taken by David Burnett is pure poetry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    I had a look at the book today and I thought it was terrible.
    Really? Well..just goes to show you can't please everyone

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Maybe she's holding a grudge against negatives!Didn't the mortgage company sell hers?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    could not care less or more...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Salgado is shooting his latest project with digital cameras. But so what. Some like film, and that is no crime. Can't we separate photography from the process and enjoy what others do?

Photographers are funny.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
    Maybe she's holding a grudge against negatives!Didn't the mortgage company sell hers?
    The last time I read anything about her (NY Times?) it said there were loans secured with the copyrights to her catalog. Ouch. She spent lavishly. I think she's still reeling from the death of her partner. Her work has always been solid, fun and recognizably hers, but so much of it is just celebrities. I like a lot of it but I don't think Time will treat her work well. However, I don't live in New York so...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To bad because Anne used quite a bit of film a year I think, as all pro does!
    I like her work, in my opinion she does quit special portraits of famous people!
    Now she can save the lab and film cost's which was quite a bit a year.

Cheers Armin
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    35mm
    I like Annie's work, though I am not aware if the portion of digital alteration when using film is also done by her. If somebody else working in front of monitor then switching to digital will give her more leisure time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin